May 21, 2010

Scraps in cards

Hello friends.  Here is a card I made using our retiring color - Really Rust along with scraps from my scrap box to make these cards.  What I like about using scraps is I get to combine various patterns and colors that maybe I would not have done before, and I am 'stuck' with the size of scrap I have...so it makes me use my imagination on how to utilize what I have.
I paper quilted to make the "T" look quilted and did faux stitching.  See my video tutorial here.
















If you like this technique, the tutorial, and the card, please post a comment to let me know.  Have a great weekend!

blog

2 comments:

  1. Hi and welcome to the world of blogging! I really like this card and I think your blog is so cute. I need to pop over to your video tutorials when I have more time - bedtime here in Southern California! Thanks for blessing me just before stardust time! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love making cards from scraps! I built a class around the concept! There is so much you can do with what could have been trash. Just think about the possibilities . . .

    By the way--your page layout is darling!

    Susan
    www.sendingsmilesacrossthemiles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete