Jun 25, 2010

Itty Bitty Bits and sponging


Here is a card I made for a friend.  I am starting to really love these Itty Bitty Bits and the coordinating punches.  So so cute!  The birdies are in Pacific Point (a returning In Color), the flowers are in Rose Red, and layered Crushed Curry cardstock - soon to be retired.
I used the stem from For All You Do, and just partially stamped it in Old Olive using my markers.
I used Fun and Fast Notes for the sentiment.  I punched it with the scallop oval punch, and layered onto the large oval punch in Not Quite Navy cardstock.  The cute ribbon is a sneak peak item!  In our new color, Marina Mist, 1/8" taffeta ribbon.  Love it love it! 
To get the background, I used a sponge and our Marina Mist ink pad and sponged in a circular motion over almost the entire card.  I purposely left the middle lighter, to give a nice effect.  The old olive cardstock I just cut free hand with a slope to it.  I then sponged it with Always Artichoke to give the darker green color to add texture and dimension.
Thanks for looking!  Let me know what you think about these great new products.  I'd love to hear from you!

blog

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I love the hills and I love the sky! A wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete