Jul 20, 2010

Mixing the old with the new

















Hello fellow stampers and scrappers.  As I continue on this mission to use up my supplies, I continue to discover more and more supplies along with discovering a bit about myself.  By seeing what I have purchased but not used in over 5 years, really makes me stop and wonder, why??  So I thought about it as I was working on this page.  The designer paper here was from 2005! I realized that this elegant and somewhat busy pattern just really is not my style.  When I saw the other paper that came with this sheet, I readily used them since there were more colors and larger spread out patterns on them.  This page was hard for me, since I really didn't like the paper, personally....I thought it was too busy - so as you can see, I tried to cover most of it.  Should I feel guilty??? I don't think so.  I used this paper out of my comfort zone and I think the end result turned out nice! Plus that's one more sheet out of my 'stock' and into an album! I'll be happy to hear what you think. 
Now that I digressed about the old, I wanted to share the new.  The trends I'm seeing is a lot of paper flowers, distressed and antique looks, and layers.  So I crumpled the flower circle in the center, layered the smaller scalloped circle with the new large scalloped circle punch.  I also added a small accent using the new bitty scallop circle punch with the coordinating bitty button!
The title was done with some old stickers, which I can't even remember when I bought them.  It was a great deal though, as I still have plenty of each letter and numbers!!  Happy stamping and scrapping!
Have you checked out my scrapbook gallery yet? 

blog

1 comment: