Aug 1, 2010

Another realization

Going through my 'stash' I found so many pretty designer paper that I've had for at least 4 years!  I was very good when buying them since I bought a coordinating cardstock to go with it so I would have a set to work with, rather than just a pretty paper with nothing to match it.  So this designer paper is from Basic Grey.  I actually recall buying this paper from a scrapbook store that has now gone out of business!!  Anyway, I thought this paper was so pretty, that I actually felt bad cutting it - I held my breath making that first cut!  Then when I laid out this page, I didn't want to cover it up with my photos!  Crazy huh?!  True scrapper.  Anyway, I ran out of "S" letter chipboard, so to add to the balance and to break up the title, I covered a circle chipboard with the same designer paper and just stamped the letter that I needed.  This is a quick tip to use up chipboard shapes and if you run out of certain letters, stamping comes to the rescue!
I lightly sponged the chipboard to color them to match the designer paper.  This way they were colored but not saturated with color. 
Scrapbook expo in San Jose is coming up - August 6th and 7th.  I'll be there looking for supplies for my Oregon trip.  I can't wait!  Happy stamping and scrappin'!


blog

No comments:

Post a Comment