Dec 15, 2010

Wedding Scrapbook layout

This page was inspired by my memorabilia from my friend's wedding.  Of course I saved the invitation, save the date, and the tag from the cupcakes!  All made it onto this page.  I got a new stamp from Hero Arts, that's the fabric image stamped at the top of the page.  I used white craft ink from Stampin' Up.  But to get the 'faded' look I wiped the ink onto the stamp rather than dabbing it.  This gave a faded look but also eliminated the need to let it sit to dry link craft ink normally needs time to dry.  This gave the subtle yet elegant look I wanted.  The wedding theme was black and white polka dots.  So I continued to use the paper I got from Bo Bunny.  The heart chipboard I just covered with the designer paper.  The cupcake and "yummy" are Hero Arts stamps.  I colored the cupcake with chalk and used diamond stickles from Ranger to add glitter to the frosting.  Sorry, I couldn't capture that in this photo.  I also stamped the heart from Hero Arts and colored it also with chalk - just for a softer look.
The scallop border was just circle punches of the designer paper glued down to make the border look.  I was going for more of a collage layout to differ from my more typical straight lined layouts.  Also since I wasn't dealing with photos, I thought this was appropriate for memorabilia.
Thanks so much for viewing.  Until next time.

blog

No comments:

Post a Comment