Feb 14, 2011

8x8 - scrapbook layout - page 2


Here is page 2 of my anniversary album.  Surprisingly I got 3 photos on an 8x8 layouts!  Pretty good eh?  Again, I had to add some stitching using my new sewing machine.   Yes, I combined straight stitches with zig zag.  I'm still working on getting it straight, but it's good enough for me for now.  The flower accents were cut out from Stampin' Up!'s designer paper Springtime Vintage from the occasions mini catalog.  The pink designer paper is also from this same paper pack.  I did not have a heart punch, so I just drew a heart and cut it out - 'old school' style.  =)
I heat embossed with brown embossing powder the title "coast".  I was surprised that the embossing powder I had was brownie scented!!  Pretty cool!!  After I embossed, it really did smell good in my craft room.  =)
The text "pacific" was stamped from a retired alphabet stamp set I have here in my 'stash'.  The flower accent stamp is from Clearly For You - a stamp set from Stampin' Up!  The text "coast" is Stampin' Up!'s stamp set Broadsheet Alphabet.
I used vanilla cardstock so that it wasn't too bright with the gray toned photos.  I thought I did well adding color to what could have been a 'blah' page - seeing that my photos are similar in color and don't have too much 'action' in them.
All these Stampin' Up! products are available and if you like them you can place an order any time through my website - www.madebyejp.stampinup.net
Happy scrappin', til next time.  =)

blog

1 comment:

  1. What a cute scrap layout! Yeah I'm super impressed you got that many pics on such a small page! Not sure if I would have been able to do it. True talent and creativity, if you ask me! :) Thanks for linking up at patchesofpink.com

    ReplyDelete