Apr 4, 2011

8x8 layout - The View

Hello my friends.  I'm sorry for the delay in posting.  I've been busy managing my time...if that makes any sense! =)  Anyway, just a quick share today of a layout I made for my anniversary scrapbook.  This is an 8x8 layout using a 5x7 photo.  This photo is one of my favorite views in Monterey.  The weather was perfect and these trees perfectly reflect Monterey.  The beach looks so soft and calm - it is truly a calming and relaxing photo, and I'm glad I was able to capture it.
I made my title using my Big Shot and die cut the alphabets.  I lightly sponged them to give them some depth and texture.  For the accents I basically used my circle punches and my flower die - that had 3 different size flowers on it - I die cut them and just layered them atop each other in alternating colors.  To add some texture I split the cardstock to get some texture. It makes the cardstock appear like felt.  I will create a video tutorial on that technique soon.  To finish the page I just added buttons and pearls.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like this layout. More challenge entries are coming up, so stay tuned.  Happy stamping and scrapping!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment