Apr 11, 2011

Lily Pad color challenge

Hello friends.  I have been a bit missing here on my blog and videos....just been busy with keeping my priorities, thus my hobby had to be put on the back burner for a bit.
Anyway, I have gotten some more new stamps that I ordered through www.eclecticpaperie.com  which I discovered from Ashley Newell's video.  I ordered two stamps from them, both sets were cheaper than other sites I've seen, and they even adjusted my shipping costs to be lower than my original checkout price!  That feels good and is nice of them as a company to do that.
So the card features one of these new stamps - it is a Unity Itty Bitty Stamp - it is the heart with the flower and the sentiment!  Two stamps came as a set.  These are red rubber cling stamps, so they are used with acrylic blocks.  I used my markers to color in the stamps.  I used my blender pen to give the water color look of the flowers and the leaves.  These colors were to follow the Lily Pad color challenge

The designer paper for the background is from October Afternoon, school house collection.  I really like the colors and texture on their paper - and it fit the color challenge perfectly.  I used my ticket corner punch to add some interest to the two corners.
I then colored and stamped the heart on white.  Rounded the two corners.  I cut another piece of designer paper, from Cosmo Cricket Togetherness line and rounded its' corners too.  All these pieces I touched the edges with tea dye distress ink and a sponge.  
I adhered all these pieces, then sewed the edges on my sewing machine.  I then colored the sentiment and punched it out.  Also touched the edges of that with the distress ink too.  I added the ribbon band and tied the sentiment with twine.  Just for interest I added a gem to the center of the flower.
This card took a few steps to make, but I was happy to use my new stamps, new paper, and my sewing machine.  Want to play along with Lily Pad's challenges?  Check out their blog for details.
Happy stamping!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. What a great find to have the paper that works so beautifully with the challenge. Sweet heart and love the flowers you accented it with! Glad you joined us at Lily Pad in all the fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on the challenge. Your background is beautiful and the tag, heart, everything is so special. Thanks for playing along with the "Color Throw down Challenge” at Lily Pad. :)

    ReplyDelete