Nov 14, 2011

scrapbook layout - nine 4x6 photos on this page!

Again, I was inspired by Shimelle Laine with her 4x6 photo love class.  Scroll down below to see her video/class of how to get 9 photos on a layout.  Love that!  So here is my page.
This was a fun page for me to put together.  My 8 year old daughter had a camera with her on her 2 week road trip vacation she took this summer with my hubby.  Anyway, she took a lot of pictures during the trip.  The fun thing was seeing what she felt was worthy of taking a picture of, as well as from her angle.  She surprised us with some very nice shots.  She even asked others to take pictures of her, so that was fun too to see her own poses.  =)  
The layout has a pocket which stores two pages that each have 4 photos on them - 2 on each side.  I like how the pocket is top loading, so you can take the photos out the of the pocket even when the page is in the page protector.  
For the accents, I used a sheet of designer paper that had a lot of glittered icons related to travel.  I just cut out the icons and used them as embellishments.  I normally don't have glitter on layouts, so this was a fun 'surprise'.  The designer paper with the glittered pieces is from K&Co.  The rest of the designer paper is from My Mind's Eye, Lost and Found collection.  I liked the brown and pink how they were soft and subtle, so the pictures would stand out more. 
I used Basic Grey alphabet stickers for the title.  I just hand wrote in my journaling.  Check out Shimelle's video class below.  Did you ever think it was possible to get 9 4x6 photos on one layout?!  I didn't...until now.  Happy scrapping!



1 comment: