Jan 8, 2012

Scrapbook layout - candlepin bowling

Hello friends.  Today I wanted to share a layout I made using some paper I've been hoarding for over 6 years!!    I think it just got lost in the stash or something, but I'm glad I was able to finally use it on a layout.
This layout features my two kids and my two nieces.  They drove to the East coast with my husband and dad on a 3 week road trip.  This was one of the highlights for them as they truly enjoyed candlepin bowling.  As you can see the bowling balls are small and light.  The pins are a lot thinner and lighter also.  They had a blast and they went back more than once!
Anyway, about the layout itself, the designer paper with the distressed circle designs was what I was hoarding. I guess I just didn't want to cut it up. I used the back of it, which was the green paper, to make the accents. I used a circle punch and punched a few circles and taped them to the top to make a large scallop edge.  I then had some designer paper scraps in the orange that added some contrast.  To add balance I added a postage punch with a library clip and twine to the upper left corner.  The only stamps used was the small text "Boston" on the label.  I like how this layout turned out.  Thanks for stopping by.  Happy stamping and scrapping!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment