Mar 27, 2012

Spring Bridal Shower card

Hello all.  This card has to be my new favorite.  I absolutely love how it turned out.

I had this sketched out but it turned out so much nicer than I had thought.  These flowers and leaves are from Lawn Fawn - the Blissful Botanical set.  The words "for the" and "to be" are also from Lawn Fawn - Smitty's ABC's.  I first stamped the flowers on white paper with Versamark ink.  I poured white embossing powder over it and heat embossed the flowers.  I stamped 5 flowers this way.  Once they were heat embossed, I used a sponge dauber and Marina Mist ink from Stampin' Up! to add the color to the flowers.  I just rubbed the sponge into the blue ink and rubbed it over the flowers to color them in.  This is how I got the white outline on the blue flowers.  Then I simply cut them out.
For the smaller flowers I just stamped them with the Marina Mist ink onto white paper.  I cut these out too.
  To cut these small images out, you must have sharp scissors with a fine tip.  I suggest Stampin' Up! paper snips.  I've had mine for over 5 years and have no issues, they work great for cutting these smaller items.
The leaves I stamped with Wild Wasabi ink from Stampin' Up! and colored in with a green color pencil to give it a soft look.  I didn't want the leaves to stand out too much.
For the word "bride" I initially was going to stamp it out but I didn't have the right sized alphabet set.  I looked through my stickers, but these were all too big.  Then I remembered I had these smaller chipboard alphabets from Maya Road.  I was thrilled that I had the letters I needed to spell out "bride".  These chipboard letters I think really made this card step up a notch.  I colored the chipboard using my grey Bic alcohol markers, this is why it is so evenly colored.  With water based markers you would see the streak marks.  Once these letters were colored, I was able to cut the die cut shape, Spellbinders Labels 11, to the right size to fit the sentiment.  I drew some temporary pencil lines where the top and bottom of the chipboard letters would be, so I could stamp the surrounding sentiment without overlapping the chipboard.  I used Basic Grey ink from Stampin' Up! for those smaller alphabet stamps.
I used dimensional adhesive to pop up the die cut and some of the flowers.  The other flowers and the leaves are stuck down flat with double sided adhesive, so there is more dimension.  To finish it off I added some rhinestones.  I really like how this is clean and simple, but still elegant enough for a wedding.  Plus, this design can be customized for any color scheme, just color the flowers the coordinating colors and viola!  Love it!  I definitely will have to get more of these chipboard alphabets.  I got these from Two Peas In A Bucket and they are currently sold out, but keep checking back, they are only $2.95 and they saved me on this card!  Thanks for stopping by.

1 comment:

  1. I really like how you covered up the corners diagonally from each other with the stamped/colored flowers. It looks like a completely new and different die. What bride wouldn't want to receive this beautiful card. Lovely!