As for their current challenge, it is to "dust off" some old stamp(s) and use them on a project. I decided to use one of my first Hero Art stamps, dated back to 2004. This stamp is called Angels in a Vase. Sadly, my first stamp from Hero Arts and it had a defect - I did not know to look out for this, but I do now. The foam behind the rubber was cut too small, so the bottom line of the vase does not stamp. This is why I hardly ever used it, but I really liked the flower image and the round vase. So I was happy to 'dust it off' and use it for this challenge, even without the bottom line of the vase. So a tip when buying wood mounted stamps, be sure the foam under the rubber is completely under the image.
I used a grid patterned washi tape for the background on the card base. I then used designer paper as the mat for the stamped image. I colored in the image using my aqua painter and markers. I did stamp on watercolor paper so that it did not warp and the colors went on more smoothly. I colored my markers onto an acrylic block to create my color palette. I used the idea I got from Jill Foster to add the yellow highlight behind the stamped image. I really like that effect it gives. I then stamped my chevron background stamp from Lawn Fawn along the vertical edge, just to mix it up a bit and make it more interesting. To top it off, I tied twine and stamped my sentiment.