May 25, 2012

"A Blog Named Hero" challenge

I was inspired to enter into another challenge.  A newer blog named "A Blog Named Hero" features stamps by Hero Arts.  They have a large design team, so there are a lot of different samples and tutorials using stamps.  It's a great blog, you should check them out.
As for their current challenge, it is to "dust off" some old stamp(s) and use them on a project.  I decided to use one of my first Hero Art stamps, dated back to 2004.  This stamp is called Angels in a Vase.  Sadly, my first stamp from Hero Arts and it had a defect - I did not know to look out for this, but I do now.  The foam behind the rubber was cut too small, so the bottom line of the vase does not stamp.  This is why I hardly ever used it, but I really liked the flower image and the round vase.  So I was happy to 'dust it off' and use it for this challenge, even without the bottom line of the vase. So a tip when buying wood mounted stamps, be sure the foam under the rubber is completely under the image.
I used a grid patterned washi tape for the background on the card base.  I then used designer paper as the mat for the stamped image.  I colored in the image using my aqua painter and markers.  I did stamp on watercolor paper so that it did not warp and the colors went on more smoothly.  I colored my markers onto an acrylic block to create my color palette.  I used the idea I got from Jill Foster to add the yellow highlight behind the stamped image.  I really like that effect it gives.  I then stamped my chevron background stamp from Lawn Fawn along the vertical edge, just to mix it up a bit and make it more interesting.  To top it off, I tied twine and stamped my sentiment.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your card is so beautiful. Love the chevron pattern on the right side of the panel with flowers. Thanks for joining us at A Blog Named Hero.

    ReplyDelete