May 8, 2012

Scrapbook layouts!

Hello there.  I apologize for the delay in posting.  I have been creating layouts and cards I just have been doing poorly in sharing them.  Today I wanted to share a few layouts I've recently completed. 
The first one is entitled "the falls".  The goal here was to get multiple photos on the layout as well as keep the design clean since I wanted the photos to stand out.  I trimmed the photos down just a bit so they were smaller than 4 x 6 since I wanted to have a border around each photo.  I used scrap pieces of designer paper, along with 3 different alphabet stickers.  I added small pieces of ribbon also, to add some texture.
The next layout I made is a clean and simple layout - utilizing a designer paper that I had in my stash for a while.  I simply used my die cut alphabets on black cardstock.  I sketched a heart shape and cut it out of designer paper.  I stamped the camera image from the American Crafts Amy Tangerine line multiple times.  I colored in just one of them to make it pop, and to tie in the colors from the title.  I added a small cardstock embellishment from Authentique to add some interest to the title. Washi tape around each photo ties them together and adds some interest to the page.
My third layout was another quick one to put together.  I had some embellishments already cut from a designer paper that had the driving images on it.  I stamped the one car image and used my circle punches to add some layers.  I had a sticker I've hoarded for a few years, that I stuck directly to the photo to break up the darkness of the photo.  I also stamped the phrase "on the road" and the word "destination" from an Ali Edwards stamp set.  I kept the embellishments in a diagonal pattern with the photos in the middle - a layout I've learned from Shimelle.
I hope you enjoyed these scrapbook layouts.  I hope to post more frequently more projects.  I appreciate your comments!  Have a great day!


No comments:

Post a Comment