Jun 1, 2012

No photo layout with pocket



I made a different layout than usual.  I had no photos.  I wanted to create a page to keep all the postcards I received from my kids when they went on their road trip last summer.  A pocket came readily to mind as a simple way to put them on a layout while still being able to pull them out and read them.
I also used a sketch that was featured on Two Peas In a Bucket as a challenge for this week.  This sketch really helped this page come together quite nicely.  Another fun thing I did on this layout was I used the maps and images from the maps and fliers from the destinations as my embellishments.  I paired it with some stamps, pretty paper, and washi tape to make a unique layout that stores all the postcards in one place for easy reference.  I tried to mimic a pin up board with the polaroid images that have the icons I cut out from the actual maps from each location.  I added brads to appear as pins.  I doodled under the title to help ground the title without making it too busy or distracting from all that is going on.  All the maps on the pocket are actual maps!  I really like how they looked layered atop each other.  I hope you are inspired by this layout to make one of your own without any photos, or with a pocket to store your memorabilia.  Have fun!

Photobucket

1 comment: