Aug 17, 2014

Nature lover's wedding card | video tutorial

My husband's cousin got married and the couple are nature lovers.  Their wedding photos were taken out in a forest wearing their hiking gear and they registered at REI!  Need I say more?!  So I wanted to use this theme in their wedding card to make it more personal.  This is one of the benefits of being able to make your own cards - how hard do you think it would be to find a nature themed wedding card out in the stores??!

So here's the card.  It came out so much better than I thought it would.  I was happy to use a few pieces of cardstock from my scrap box.  I also was able to use my old stamp set that is an oldie but a goody from TPC Studio called Camp.  This old camping stamp set was an impulse purchase when I was on vacation and stopped by a craft store in the area.  But this set has come in handy so many times - especially since we've been camping every year.  So I was happy to pull out this set again to use it for this card. 
I combined these scrap papers and older stamp set with some new products I got in my July Simon Says Stamp 2014 card kit.  I used the patterned paper from the kit to do some paper piecing.  I loved the small images on the paper and the colors too worked out.  
I was in the mood to break out older products from my stash - even ones I haven't used yet - like the stencil from Heidi Swapp.  You'll see in the video how I combined using the stencil with other older tools like my Versamarker, heat and stick powder, and glitter of all things!  These are truly old products that I haven't used in ages.  So it truly felt good to pull them out and put them to use. 
I hope you enjoy the video tutorial and are inspired to pull out some of your older products and tools and combine them with newer products to create your next project!
(scroll down for products used)



PRODUCTS USED:
Stamps:
Camp - TPC Studio
Congratulations C2734 - Hero Arts
Claire's ABC - Lawn Fawn
ABC Love - Swiss Girl Designs

Stencil: 6x6 Confetti - Heidi Swapp

Ink: Midnight Muse, Always Artichoke - Stampin' Up!
Lipstick Red - Simon Says Stamp

Paper:  scrap cardstock from Stampin' Up!
Designer paper - Simon Says Stamp July 2014 Card Kit

Accessories/Tools:  Versamarker, yellow glitter, Crystal Effects - Stampin' Up!, twine

No comments:

Post a Comment