Nov 20, 2014

Scrapbooking Haul | getting back to scrapping - Video

It has definitely been a complete overhaul of my crafting mojo once my little one made his appearance.  I was trying Project Life for the first time to document my pregnancy and during the summer we had a few weddings and other events that warranted card making.  Not to mention the many new stamping products that were released during the summer months.  All these changes contributed to the stall in my scrapbooking mojo. With Two Peas In a Bucket's closure, there was only two other scrapbooking You Tube channels I had subscribed to and not many videos were being uploaded.  Needless to say, this influenced my inspiration to be more stamp and card making focused. I found myself purchasing and using stamps more than paper!

You Tube truly has played a huge role in my inspiration, since I don't watch TV (only sports with my hubby), and I watch videos as I am stamping or scrapping.  I noticed that I had not made a layout in quite some time and my baby is already 3 1/2 months old and I haven't gotten his album started - yikes!!  This was my wake up call.  I realized though that I felt out of the loop in regards to the latest styles, trends, and products related to scrapbooking.  I truly relied on Two Peas weekly videos to share new products and pages to inspire me.  So I did a search on You Tube for scrapbooking channels.  I came across a few suggested channels and started to watch.  And of course, once you watch one, more suggested channels appear.  So I found 4 new channels and I've been watching their videos now for this last week - I am inspired!  Thank you ladies for your frequent uploads and great layouts!  

I was moved to look through my supplies to remind myself what products I had.  I cut down my papers that I've had for 3-5 years and made them into 6x6 so I can more readily use them for either cardmaking or scrapbooking.  This helped me organize my stash and really see what papers I had that were inspiring to use with my current 'style' and needs for upcoming layouts.  I then headed over to Joann's since they had a huge sale on pretty much the entire scrapbooking section.  I controlled myself and got some products that caught my eye and I really feel I would use in the near future.  I am really frugal and believe not to buy just because I like it, but because I will use it.  Especially since my crafting space is much smaller - I have to be selective and cannot have a huge inventory.  

With these new products and new videos I am happy to feel the mojo coming back.  I will be creating more layouts with process videos to share with you.  I hope you will enjoy them.  For now, check out my haul video below.  Thanks!


No comments:

Post a Comment