Nov 15, 2010

We crossed the border - layout with paint

So here is my layout using acrylic paint.  What do you think?  I like it.  It was simple to use the paint, except I had to remember it would take a few minutes to dry.  I got paint on my desk and my gloves...good thing I was prepared with my gloves.  I really liked painting directly on the layout where my title was going to go as it gives it a unique look, and makes the title stand out.  Super easy to just brush paint on the page.  Then painting the chipboard was soooo easy.  I had one of those moments of "why haven't I been doing this all along??!  Painting the chipboard was so fast and easy - and with all the available colors in paint, I just can't believe I haven't done this all along. I also used the paint around the edge of the designer paper to add a border.  Again, this was so easy.  What I learned was a little paint goes a long way, and be sure to give it a minute or two to dry.  
 It's hard to see in the picture, but in the upper right corner is alphabet stickers with the word "adventure".  One of these days, I'll take better pictures with the correct lighting. I hope I have inspired you to try paint in your layouts.  Have fun with it.  Until next time...  Keep on stamping and scrapping!

blog

No comments:

Post a Comment