Dec 5, 2010

Baby Sophia layout

This is another page at my friend's wedding reception.  To make this page, I was inspired to use the soft pink color in her dress (hard to see in this picture, sorry) and the stripes/plaid design.  I did not have any plaid designer paper, but I did have this striped paper that had the same tone of pink in it.  I used my designer tape as the top layer, then scallop punched a darker pink cardstock for contrast.  I had some light green designer paper that coordinated with the stripes (that I bought at the same time) to accent the scallop border.  I initially was going to use a grey or white background color but it was too bright and did not blend well with the designer paper, so I went with my favorite chocolate chip brown.  The text "baby" was a stamp from Crate Paper.  The letters "SOPHIA" were die cut using my big shot and my alphabet die from Stampin' Up.  I used the dark pink cardstock and the designer paper to cut the alphabets from.  I then took my small scallop flower punch, and punched many flowers from the striped designer paper and chocolate cardstock.  I added felt flowers for three dimensional accents - and the colors matched perfectly.  These too were from Stampin Up.  Thanks for stopping by.  Until next time..keep on scrapping and stamping!  =)  
blog

No comments:

Post a Comment