Jan 24, 2011

Brief Interview with ejp

Hello my friends.  I am so happy to have many new followers!  Thank you for your support I truly appreciate it and it means a lot to me to inspire all that I can.  I tend to stick to 'business' but I thought I would share a little bit about myself that you may be interested in.  It may help you get to know me more personally.  I hope you enjoy the interview.  Happy crafting!

How old are you? 
29 - only for a few more months...
Marital status?  
I am happily married for 9 years so far and I have 2 wonderful children - ages 9 and 7 1/2
What is your full time job? 
I work for a curtain wall subcontractor - I am a design drafter.  We build window systems for commercial buildings (walls of glass on the outside of most commercial buildings...i.e. Oracle buildings, MGM Towers - Las Vegas, Stanford University's new campus)
How and when did you begin crafting?
When I was a teen ( I don't remember exactly what age) my aunt introduced me to stamping.  She took me to my first rubber stamp convention where she showed me how to buy the rubber images, the foam, and the blocks to make your own stamp.  She made beautiful cards and invitations, so I was initially inspired by her.  I made my first scrapbook as a senior in high school - truly using scraps, markers, stickers, and memorabilia.  I had no tools, just a glue stick and scissors.  I haven't stopped since then!
What is your favorite crafting tool?
Besides stamps I would have to say punches.
What is your favorite crafting color?
Brown - I think I use a shade of brown in almost every layout!  =)
Are you a Stampin' Up! demonstrator?
Yes.  I have been since 2005.  From my experience they do have high quality products at a good price.  I love the coordination of their product line, delivery to my home, and a discount!  Can't beat that!
What is your favorite stamping technique?
I like coloring stamps with markers and heat embossing.
Do you have a crafting secret you'd like to share?  
Sometimes I actually feel bad cutting my designer paper - sometimes it's just too pretty!
Where do you get your inspiration?
Lately, I follow a lot of blogs of ladies that are on design teams for product lines I like.  I stumbled and found them, but I now follow them and they truly inspire!  I also look at advertisements, magazines, and fellow crafters.  I try new things and try to keep up with the crafting community and trends.

I hope you enjoyed this interview.  If there's anything further you would like to know, feel free to let me know.     New samples made by ejp, comin' up!  =)  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment