Jan 25, 2011

Vintage look on a baby card

This was my attempt to make a non-traditional baby card.  I used Marina Mist ink on the elephants, with Poppy Parade marker to highlight the heart image on the stamp.  The text "baby" is from my Big Shot Billboard alphabet die.  "Welcome to the world" is from the A Word For You Stamp set.  To add the texture I sponged the edges with Mahogany distress ink that Stampin' Up! now provides.  I used my circle cutter to cut the top part of the designer paper.  This took some measuring, but was worth it to get a softer and more unique layout.  I sponged the edges of the designer paper too to give more dimension.  The scallop trim is dotted scallop ribbon border punch, cut in half in crumb cake cardstock.  Button brad is from the vintage trinkets, and the designer paper is the botanical gazette pack from the new occasions mini catalog.
Lots of different products combined to make this card - I think it's neutral and could be for a baby girl or boy.  What do you think?  Make any baby cards lately?
All products are from Stampin' Up! and can be ordered online, anytime, through my website:
www.madebyejp.stampinup.net
Happy stamping!

blog

1 comment:

  1. This card is too cute..
    Just became a new follower..Would love it if you decided to follow my blog.
    Minta
    http://mintascreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete