Mar 9, 2011

Embellish Magazine Challenge

I've entered another Embellish challenge- the Color Trends with Music.  Here's the inspiration.
I'm truly intimidated to be up against the talented ladies that participate and win in this challenge.  I would be truly honored and fall out of my seat if I happen to win.  But anyway here is my entry.
I thought I would play on the music theme a bit differently, by trying to make it appear the bird is singing.  I hope that came across.  I drew in those music notes by hand...I was a bit scared to do that, but I'm happy with how they came out.  They add to the whimsical look.  
I also sponged with the Perfect Plum ink instead of a more typical brown.  This I think ties the colors together and adds a different textured look.  What do you think?
All products are from Stampin' Up!:
Stamp: Cheep Talk
Ink: Perfect Plum; Chocolate Chip
Markers: Perfect Plum; Pear Pizazz; Basic Black
Paper: Newsprint; Crumb Cake, Very Vanilla, Blushing Bride, Whisper White
Ribbon: Certainly Celery, Crochet Trim - Victoria



blog

6 comments:

  1. Love the card. You did a great job. I am your newest follower. If you get a chance, stop over to my blog. I am new at this game too. If you like what you see I would love to have you follow me.
    Thanks
    http://donnasdreamworks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't be intimidated! This card is fabulous. I love that little birdie and your turned-down corner. Thanks for playing with us! I hope we'll see you again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOve your cards and love the new blog look, very nice streamline and uncluttered. I think maybe I need to do this also. Thanks for the inspriation you always give.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice card,,,your blog page looks good too!!!
    am a new follower..
    Imogene
    follow me
    sweetlilcricut.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. this card is so clever...love that birds really appears to be singing and how you thought of stamping that phrase over and over is just awesome!

    ReplyDelete