Mar 11, 2011

Saturday Challenge

I entered into a sketch challenge.  Here is the sketch:


And here is my card:

I was inspired by K. Werner's Friday video on Two Peas for the paper pieced accent.  This stamp was a clearance stamp I got from a scrapbook store which I hadn't used yet and all the paper is Cosmo Cricket Togetherness.  
The stamp is of just three flowers.  I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to line up the stamp to make it look continuous. I used four different colors of markers to color in the stamp.  I lightly sponged green at the bottom of the stamped area and light blue at the top.  I rounded the corners with the 1/4" corner chomper.  The ribbon is the early espresso 1/8" ribbon from Stampin' Up!  I taped the flat portion of the ribbon to the back of the paper first.  Then I had a separate piece of the ribbon, tied a bow and then adhered it down with a glue dot.
I hope you like this card.  It was nice following a sketch, using scraps, and using a stamp I hadn't used before.  Happy stamping!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment