May 11, 2011

8x8 layout - solo

Continuing with my 8x8 scrapbook of me and my hubby's anniversary - here is a layout I just completed the other night.  This photo has been sitting atop this 8x8 cream cardstock for over a month, waiting to be put on a page!!  So this layout combines stamping, paper, and a few embellishments.
The paper I used was Stampin' Up! & Studio Calico.  The chipboard alphabet are older letters I've had from Stampin' Up!  I painted them with acrylic paint in the color "buttermilk".  
I inked up all the edges with vintage photo distress ink and a sponge.  I used Lawn Fawn stamps - Itty Bitty Backgrounds & Smitty's ABC.  The date and place stamp is from Hampton Arts - that I actually got on clearance from Michael's for $3.99 - it was an entire set with 19 images! 
I hand wrote my journaling in blue ink that coordinated with the designer paper.  
For embellishments I used the flowers and pearls from Stampin' Up!  
Just so you know, I don't take solo photos....hardly ever.  So don't expect to see many more layouts like this with me as the only person in the photos!  =)
Have you been able to stamp lately?

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment