May 5, 2011

Paper Craft Planet - sketch challenge

I saw this challenge and wanted to play along this week.  Here is the sketch from Paper Craft Planet.
And I thought to make a window card.  So here's my card.

I used old and new products here.  Old products include: green embossing powder, hobby blade, and my older Cosmo Cricket designer paper - Togetherness.  It felt good to use my colored embossing powder - it's been in a drawer for so long.  It's hard to tell in the photo, but the stamped stems are embossed in the green.  I then traced a circle and make a template to sponge a circle shape atop the stamped image.  I free hand cut the circle, hence the imperfect shape - but I like how it adds a homemade feel to the card.  I then layered this atop kraft cardstock which I also cut by hand.  I inked up all the edges with Vintage Photo distress ink and a sponge.
For the window, I just sketched a rectangle on my designer paper, and used my hobby blade to cut it out.  Again, I wasn't using a straight edge or a punch, so you can see my free hand cutting imperfections...but again I like the way it looks.  I also sponged these edges with the distress ink.
This embossed stems was a new stamp I just got, for less than $2!  I also used my new bakers twine I just got too!  The sentiment is from Stamps of Life and the butterfly is Studio Calico rub on - which I won!  =)  Lots of products on this card and it was fun putting some old products to use with some new ones.
Curious how my 2 page scrapbook layout turned out?  Stayed tuned - the pages are done, they just now need to be photographed and posted.  I really like how it turned out, I hope you will too.  Check back to see the pages!  Happy stamping!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment