Jun 26, 2011

scrapbook layout - brush 100 times

This layout is a hybrid - I call it hybrid since I printed the photos myself, made the photo strip and added the numbers to that photo strip using My Digital Studio (Stampin' Up!).  This is the same photo, just formatted on the page as 4 photos.  
The story behind this layout is, this is my dad brushing my daughter's hair after she took a shower.  He used to do this with me and my sister when we were younger and he would say to "brush 100 times" to get your hair nice and smooth.  So we would count out loud together as he brushed.  So here he was doing the same with my daughter - the next generation.  I now feel this is a family tradition that he had started and is carrying on.  Since it was a tradition I was documenting, I decided to go with the vintage type style, using the newsprint designer paper, antique brads, and brown shimmer mist all from Stampin' Up.  Also by printing the photos in black and white I think adds to the vintage feel.  I stamped the phrase "remember this moment" and the title is also stamps except for the number 100 which are chipboard stickers from American Crafts.  
Happy scrapping and stamping - until next time.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment