Jul 23, 2011

Congratulations Card

Here's a wedding card I made.  I love how stamps make it so easy to customize and personalize a card.  I used an older Hero Arts stamp for the "congratulations", and the alphabet stamps are from Lawn Fawn.  The cake image is from Stampin' Up! - A Slice of Life set.  To keep the card soft, I used colored pencils to color them in. To make the main cake stand out I used a darker red, and crystal effects (from Stampin' Up!) to make the heart and the cake stand glossy.  And of course for a pop of elegance I had to add rhinestones.  I used the masking technique to layer the cakes and make the cake look as if it is in front of the other two.
This was a fun card to make and a clean and simple style that I hope the bride and groom will appreciate.
Here's a close up of the glossy look the crystal effects makes.
Thanks for stopping by today.  Happy stamping!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment