Sep 28, 2011

Embellish challenge

I didn't want to miss the deadline for the Embellish challenge.  So here is the challenge.
I like this color combo and I like paint.  Sadly, I don't have any mists...so I had to use paint. I struggled a bit just because I couldn't determine which stamp to use!  Finally after choosing one, my mojo had sort of slipped. I had an idea in my head...but it didn't turn out the way I thought it would.  So anyway, here is my card.
I used paint for the background, but also on the flower and behind the ribbon.  Yup, I used my denim ribbon.  In order to get contrast, I painted behind it in the cream paint so that it stood out and acted as a layer.  I paper pieced the flower so I could get the paint on just the flower.  I paper pieced the center too with a soft colored designer paper I had.  I also painted along the edge of the kraft cardstock.  Paint got everywhere!  I got it all over my craft table, myself, my hands, and the surrounding supplies on my desk!  I gotta practice with splattering the paint.  But anyway...I'm glad I was able to play along.
Until next time...
Stamp: Friends Never Fade - Stampin' Up!
Denim Ribbon & Brads - Stampin' Up!
Acrylic paint mixed with water


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment