Sep 14, 2011

Invitation

Hello friends.  Here's what my invitation looked like for my anniversary party.  Again - clean and simple.


I punched the hydrangea petal from blue vellum to give it a softer look.  I printed the text on vanilla cardstock so it wouldn't be too bright on white.  To add texture I added the bakers twine.  I poked a hole in the fold of the card so the twine continues on to the inside.  This is what I used as my "flap" to hold all the detail, directions, and RSVP card.  Here's a picture of the inside.
The twine held all the papers in place and added a nice detail to the inside.  I used the hydrangea stamp from Stampin' Up in baja breeze ink.  I printed and cut the information and adhered to natural cardstock from Stampin' Up.  And again used the hydrangea punch in blue vellum.  The punch are Martha Stewart punches. She has one large petal, and then another punch that has 3 smaller sizes of petals.  For bling, I had to add rhinestones to the center of each flower.  So this is what I created - about 83 of them I had to make.  Fortunately I had some friends come and help me assemble them all.  And because I didn't have the extra bulk of a cardstock 'flap', this was able to go in the mail with a standard stamp.  Love that!

I'm glad I was able to tie in stamping and my clean and simple style into a formal mass production of these invitations.  Thanks for stopping by!  Please leave a comment and share what you like about the invitation.  Happy stamping!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment