Sep 8, 2011

Embellish Stripes Challenge

Here is the current Embellish challenge.
This is a great color challenge as I really like this combo and stripes go well with my clean and simple card style.  So here is my entry.
I feel a bit of K. Werner inspiration with the dashed lines around the circle.  I really like how it adds an extra touch very cleanly and simply, without adding an additional layer.  When I was looking through my craft products, I found this designer paper that fit the color challenge perfectly.  It was an older piece of paper I think it was from a kit I got years ago.  I used my Big Shot to die cut the heart.  I stamped the sentiment in Navy ink to keep it not as harsh as black.  Now that I think of it, I should have stamped the stitched lines in the same Navy color...but sadly I stamped those first in black.  But it still looks okay, but I think I would have liked it better in the navy.  
Anyway, I rounded the two corners and added a button and some black button twine to finish off the card.
Sentiment stamp from Papertrey Ink.  Stitching stamp from Close to My Heart.  Heart die cut, and button from Stampin' Up.
Thanks for stopping by.


Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Love this card. The stitching is the perfect touch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously cool card! Love every detail and you can not go wrong with a little Kwerner inspiration! Great job.

    Thank you so much for joining the Embellish challenge!

    ReplyDelete