Nov 2, 2011

Finally got to get scrappin'

Hi there.  I finally was able to finish a layout I started for the Paper Party hosted by Shimelle.  She has been providing challenges daily, and so far I've only been able to make 2 layouts!  But I'm happy I was able to do some scrapping, in between researching ways to improve my blog, create a 'shop', and still create videos and inspiration.  Lots on my plate at the moment.  But I like teaching myself and improving on things that are in my control - at least to some degree.
So on with the layout.  The challenge was to use kraft as a background and then use only one other color on the layout.  This could be different shades of the same color, but stick to the one.  This I thought was going to be easy, since I love kraft and the color I chose, Pool Party - from Stampin Up! is also one of my favorites.  But as I was creating the layout, it came to be difficult since I like contrast - and sticking to the one color, I felt blended too much.  So it was hard for me to put an embellishment of the same color near or on the same color paper.  So here's what I came up with.
I added some neutrals to help me break things up a little bit.  Of course I stamped on this layout.  The camera image, the stars, and the text "smile!" is from one Hampton Arts set.  The alphabet stickers and brackets are from Doodlebug Designs.  The designer paper, buttons, and brads are from Stampin' Up!  To tie it all together, I just used a brown marker to free hand a border around the pocket, the photo mat, and the entire background sheet.
I've been in a button phase lately, where I just have been reaching for my buttons as the accent to everything!  I love them - I have various sizes and colors which makes it easy to match up on my projects.  This project I also made a pocket to keep the memorabilia - the tickets - in.  I've only done a pocket on one other layout that I can recall.  I like how it breaks up the flatness of the layout, but also adds functionality.  This was a fun layout to make once I got on a roll.  The photos were laying on the kraft for a while as I kept thinking about what I was going to do.
What do you think?  Do you like the pocket?  Can you use only one color on a layout or a card?  Try it out.  It might be easier for you than it was for me.  But still it will be fun to try!  =)  Happy crafting!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment