Nov 4, 2011

Friday Free-day: Skirt Tutorial

Do you sew?  This is something I just recently been inspired to try.  I got my mini sewing machine and basic thread in neutrals.  I made a little tote and a skirt for my daughter.  For today, I thought I'd share with you the FREE tutorial to make this cute and simple skirt.  Truly a great way to get started into sewing.  It's a simple design but very cute.  Definitely easy enough for a beginner - like me.  I was able to finish the skirt in about 2 1/2 hours.  Not bad, huh?
Here's the skirt I made, modeled by my daughter.





Want to try making this skirt?  This free tutorial is shared by Dana on her blog MADE.  I was drawn to Dana by her clean and simple style, yet I liked her bright colors and contrasting colors.  And the fact that she shares FREE tutorials - that was a plus.  =)  Thanks Dana for this great pattern and the inspiration for us beginner sewers....(is that a word?!)
Happy sewing!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Both the skirt and your daughter are adorable. Thanks for the tutorial link.

    ReplyDelete