Jan 4, 2012

card with video tutorial

Hello friends.  Sadly, I've been fighting a cold for the last few days - what a way to bring in the new year huh?  But I was way overdue for a video tutorial.  Since my voice is groggy and I'm a bit 'sniffly' (if that's a word), I did not include my voice over.
Here's the card I made.  I call it a weekend card since it was a quick and easy card - one that could be made in about 5 minutes.
This card highlights Stampin' Up!'s pretty designer paper called Spice Cake.  I really like this pattern, I think it is my favorite from the entire set.
In the video you will see how I customized the sentiment to work with my card design. The words on the stamp were stacked atop each other, but this would not fit on my card with the design I had in mind. So I used my stamp-a-ma-jig to separate the sentiment to be as shown in this card.  Even with clear stamps a stamp-a-ma-jig is handy to make sure it is aligned where you want it.  Too bad I didn't draw a pencil line, as I see that I was a bit crooked on the overall sentiment....but it's okay.  Next time, draw a pencil line ensure a straight sentiment!  =)
After I finished the video, I felt it needed just a bit more of something, so I added a button and rounded the two bottom corners.  I think that was just the right touch to take the design to the next level.
Please enjoy the video and happy stamping.

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations Ezlie!!!!! I am so excited to be on the Design Team with you!!!! I hope this wonderful news helps your cold disappear quickly!!!! Looking forward to the upcoming 3 months! Can't wait to see your creations!!!! Michelle :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Ezlie! I know you are going to be a great asset to the design team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on being picked for Paper Crafter Library. Looking forward to some of your layouts. I am so behind with mine. I need a kick in the pants!!!

    ReplyDelete