Feb 23, 2012

Masculine Card - clean and simple with video tutorial

Hi there friends.  Today I have a very clean and simple masculine card.  This card was made with just one alphabet stamp set - Smitty's ABC from Lawn Fawn.  To take this card up a notch, an embellishment could be added above the sentiment slightly tucked under the quarter circle. 
I started this card with a sketch.  I knew I wanted it to be masculine, so I went into my designer paper and flipped through to find a subtle pattern in either green tones or blue tones.  Most of the designs I had were way too bright, or the pattern was too large.  Since I knew I was doing the stamped "hello" as another pattern, I really wanted  background paper that was subtle but still added some color.  I tried to break up the monotone feel by adding a pop of yellow.  I think it's a nice accent on the sentiment.
I got a new video camera over the weekend, so I've been trying to get used to it.  It has auto focus and is much more clear than my previous camera.  I hope you can notice a positive difference in my video tutorial below. Please comment and subscribe - I appreciate your support. Have a great day.


1 comment:

  1. A perfect CAS man card! Thanks for joining us at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete