Mar 6, 2012

Scrapbook layout - the boyz

Well all I can say is UGH!!  I had so many technical errors trying to edit and upload the video for this layout, but it was not happening.  Over 2 1/2 hours of trying, and I'm done.  So, sorry, no video tutorial on this layout. If I can get it fixed, I will upload for sure.
Now, on to the layout.  I was happy I was able to combine older products with newer ones on this layout.  The designer paper and the chipboard alphabets are old products.  The designer paper were strips of scraps so I was happy to put them to use. I wasn't planning on using scraps, but when I was looking for color for this layout, and these colors jumped out at me.  To tone down the brightness of the colors, I used kraft cardstock as the neutral.  By matting my photos with a larger kraft border, I think it adds balance and helps this color stand out as part of the layout, not like a mistake.
Of course,  I used stamps on this layout.  The camera icon and two words in the title "playing together" were stamped in chocolate chip ink.  Because of the colors added with the paper, I wanted to keep the dark brown as a neutral also so it would stand out but not conflict with the colors.  Dark brown is my "go to" color of ink, more than black.
I also added a button with twine on this layout.  I just needed some dimension but I didn't want to go overboard with embellishments, so I thought just one button was enough.  The stamps and masking tape I used were new products for me.  I just got them about a week or two ago.  I was surprised that the tape had a protective layer on the back to protect the adhesive...so I had to peel that off before sticking down the tape.  This tape came in a set of 3 different patterns for only $9.95 at Two Peas In a Bucket.  That's a good deal and these rolls of tape are quite large too.
I hope you like this layout.  I hope I can get the video uploaded.  Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great day!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment