Apr 25, 2012

One of my favorites

I found this photo in one of my folders and I don't think I shared this on my blog yet.  This card is one of my favorites, I think because of the clean and simple style but it also feels whimsical.
My husband is a DJ, but he also provides a photo booth and up lighting.  He wanted me to make a thank you card for one of his clients that hired him for their wedding.  Of course I wanted to match their wedding colors and theme.  The bride's color was a deep purple and silver.  She had paper lanterns as her decor for her reception - thus this card fits perfectly.  This stamp of the lantern is from American Crafts set called "courtyard".  I stamped it in purple and lightly colored over it with a colored pencil.  I added black thread tied in a bow to the top and added a small rhinestone to dress it up even more.  For the string on the white base I just drew that free hand with a journaling pen.  The sentiment is from Stampin' Up!, Thank You Kindly, and the border around the sentiment was from the same set as the lantern.  It's hard to see, but I also stamped a background stamp with versamark ink onto the purple card base to add more dimension and elegance to the card.  A fun card to make and somewhat unique for a wedding.  I hope you like it too.

I was able to scrapbook while on our vacation during Spring Break.  I want to share a bit on how I did that and what I did, but I have to figure out how to get the photos off my iphone and onto this blog.  Let me figure that out....and then I'll share what I did while on the trip, yes actually scrappin' in the hotel room, and what I did when I got home.

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. That would be a favorite of mine, too. CAS is my style. How nice to tie it in with their wedding colors and theme so perfectly. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete