Aug 17, 2012

Anniversary Card - video tutorial

This was a simple card I made using one of my favorite stamping techniques - 2 step stamping.  This is a simple technique that gives such beautiful results.  I recently found an older stamp set in my stash (never been used) that had some very nice 2 step stamping images.  These images include a background or the part of the image that is colored in and then the other image is the outline.  You stamp one atop the other to get two colors so quickly and easily.
For this card, I combined this technique with heat embossing.  Rather than just stamping the outline image in a different color, I actually stamped it with versamark ink, and used white embossing powder.  This same technique could be used with any color embossing powder you have.  I especially like using white, black, gold, and silver for two step stamping.  I hope you enjoy the video tutorial for how I made this card.

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of using embossing powder with the two-step technique. I don't usually have the time to haul out all my stamp-a-majig stuff, but I could definitely eyeball it, emboss it and no one would know if I was off on my alignment. ;-) The card is beautiful, as is the ribbon.

    ReplyDelete