Jan 8, 2013

2013 layout!


Hello everyone. I was inspired by the video posted by Two Peas In A Bucket on Tuesday for their new video series, "In the Mood to Scrap".  Click HERE to see the inspiration board and the free video.
Chalkboards are in style now and I originally thought I was going to try to mimic that design on my layout.  But when I got started and tried gathering my products together, I saw that I just ordered new chipboard letters that should be used.  I used these letters painted white with acrylic paint rather than trying to use my own handwriting trying to mimic a chalkboard look....lets's just say I'm happy I used the chipboard letters, or else I'd probably be very frustrated and unhappy.  To get the look of the chalkboard as an accent, I simply stamped with white ink on black cardstock.  I simply used a white colored pencil to add a few accents, but that's it!  Very simple to get a chalkboard appearance.  With some practice, you could get more creative with doodles, fonts, and shading on dark cardstock with stamps and white pencils to get an even more dynamic chalkboard design element.
On this layout I was happy to break out a few of my stamps.  I used only gray and white ink.  I like the look on the gray cardstock.  It is subtle but adds to the design.  With this neutral background the little pieces of color really pop.  I like how it all came together with some washi tape and wood veneer accents!  Lots of fun products used on this layout.  I don't know if this qualifies as a clean and simple design....what do you think?

Thanks for stopping by and I will be posting a new video tutorial soon.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment