Sep 24, 2013

Scrapbook layout | Writing on photo & layered sketch


(A video on how I made this layout will be posted soon on my You Tube channel: MADEbyEJP)

Today I was able to finally get back into scrapbooking.  It has been a while for me - I don't know what was getting in the way.  But needless to say, I'm glad I'm able to finally get some of these pictures into my albums.

I was inspired by  the Two Peas In a Bucket in the mood to scrap: handwriting on a photo prompt.  This was something new for me.  I have never written directly on a photo before.  I have stamped and laid stickers atop a photo, but never wrote on one.  Plus, I really liked the sample that Kristina made.  She was brave and used paint too - but I stuck to just using a pen.  Check out the Two Peas Website if you haven't already, for the video and photo of her layout.

I practiced with the different pens I had on an extra photo with the same finish.  It turns out that the pen I have from the Smash book worked the best.  It was a bit thicker but turned out well and it did not smear. My only regret is that I could not write straight!  That is what is bugging me on my layout - but it is what it is.

On the October Afternoon blog, they had a sketch posted.  Check it out here: October Afternoon Blog Post with Sketch.  I followed this sketch quite closely.  I liked the layers and the layout worked with my two 4 x 6 photos.  I kept the colors soft and I like the pop of orange and red.

I hope you like my layout and the inspiration pieces that helped me get back into my scrapbooking groove.  Try writing on a photo - it might be scary at first, but it's a great look and I think I will be doing it more often.


No comments:

Post a Comment