Jun 21, 2014

Inspired by Nichol Magouirk | Water Color Stamping

This week I was truly inspired by a recent video by Nichol Magouirk.  CLICK HERE  to see her video.  She used Distress Markers and stamps to get a watercolored look that I thought looked so elegant that I wanted to try it out myself.
Now, I do not have Distress Markers nor do I have the stamp set she had featured, so I raided my stash to see what could I use that may get me the same look.  I dusted off my old Watercolor Crayons--which are retired from Stampin' Up.  I then dug through my stamps and I found another old retired Stampin' Up stamp set that had a solid pitcher image that I could use.  I then found some flowers and leaves that too would work.  I was excited to get started and make my own card using the technique Nichol featured.
Check out my video below to see how I did.  I left in a few of my 'struggles' to show the reality of trying a new technique for the first time.




Supplies Used:
Watercolor paper
Elegant Eggplant cardstock - Stampin' Up!
Stamps:  Blissful Botanicals - Lawn Fawn; Dear Lizzy 59163; Dinner Party (retired) - Stampin' Up; Handwritten Notes - Avery Elle
Watercolor Crayons (retired) - Stampin' Up!
Corner Chomper
Aqua Painter - Stampin' Up!
Ink - Pool Hero Arts
Twine

No comments:

Post a Comment