Nov 22, 2010

Out with the old! - museum layout

This layout I was very happy with.  I was able to pull out old paper from one of the first scrapping kits I purchased from Stampin Up..probably in 2006.  The die cut flower and the oval around the title were purchases I made back in 2005-ish at a scrapbook expo.  I didn't know what I would use them for, but they were on clearance....my logical purchasing didn't kick in until about 2008 or so.  =)
So I wanted to keep with the polka dot theme of the wedding and found this paper.  This paper set the tone for my color palette.  Then I remembered I had these die cuts and stickers so I "dusted" them off and pulled them out from 'hiding'.  =)  I have a lot of pearls from a kit I purchased from Stampin Up also, which I hardly used.  So I knew I would use them on this page to add that formal look without overpowering the page.  The stickers for "MUSEUM" are from American Crafts.  These were my first ever 'thickers' I have ever used or purchased!  I just got those last weekend...so that was a recent purchase.  I've seen them used a lot online so I thought I would give them a try.  These particular ones are fabric!  Texture on a sticker!!  Love it!  So easy to use and I like the variety of fonts and colors available.  I think these may be something I purchase more often...after I use them up of course.... ;)
Anyway, I was glad to pull out some of my oldies but goodies - no matter how old they are, they still coordinate and look good.  That's one thing that is helpful when you purchase all from one collection or provider.  That's my lesson learned - buy coordinating products to ensure you will use and love your projects.   Make it easy for yourself in that way - professional designers did all that coordination for you and all you have to do, it put it together.
Happy scrapping!
blog

No comments:

Post a Comment