Jan 30, 2011

Scrapbook layout - High Above the Clouds


This page may not seem like much, but it was a great accomplishment for me.  First of all, I had no real mojo to scrapbook this photos of the mountain tops.  They were not very inspiring.  I had just stopped by a new local scrapbook store and saw a lot of cute products - which I resisted.  I bought a few sticker alphabets though but I think I was somewhat distracted and just not motivated.  Then I had my paper pack from Cosmo Cricket - Togetherness, barely used, sitting on my desk.  Flipping through it, I saw some sheets that were relevant to the clouds and sky.  Once I took them out...the pink and blue just were throwing me off since the photos were a light blue and white.  Long story short, I finally used a white background (which I think is a first!)  and then the page came together.  As usual, I like contrast, thus the black accents and the dark blue and red for the title.  The alphabets are from my Big Shot Billboard die.  The text "clouds" was one of the new alphabet stickers I bought - Doodle Bug.  The cloud shape I just sketched on the designer paper and cut it out.  I tried to mimic the shapes of the cloud on the pink designer paper.  I also added the stitch lines to keep it vintage feeling.  The other outline clouds were from Stampin' Up! rub on set.  
To add a little more interest I added the black button with white twine and then added the paper piercing pattern in the four corners of the layout. 
After it was done I was truly proud of myself for the page and I'm glad I stepped out of my box a bit.  It took me a long time to make this layout, but without the creative juices, I guess that's what to be expected.
Thanks for viewing.  Happy scrapping!

blog

No comments:

Post a Comment