May 1, 2011

Card - oldies but goodies

Hello friends.  This card I made for a swap with my fellow Stampin' Up! 'sisters'.  I felt the need to use some of my older products that are still in the catalog, but due to their age, they have a higher chance of being discontinued in the next catalog which comes out in a few months.  The stamp of the flowers in the vase is from Fun and Fast Notes.  This is one of the first sets I got.  I believe it dates back to 2007!  But I have gotten a lot of use from the images in this set - this image in particular I have used a lot.  For this card I chose to watercolor using my blender pen and markers - yes I said markers.  I did not have the ink pad of all the colors I wanted to use, so I just scribbled on the plastic lid of my stamp set with the marker color I wanted.  Then used that as a 'pool' of color to pull into my blender pen.  This is a simple way to watercolor if you have the markers and not the ink pad.  
I also heat embossed in white the sentiment on early espresso cardstock.  I ran the background paper through my Big Shot using my texture plates - which also have been one of my first purchases when I bought the Big Shot itself.  I rounded the corners, cut the 'tag' at the end of the sentiment, and topped it off with an itty bitty button for an accent.  Though these are 'oldies' the stamps still have life.  New techniques could be applied to your stamps that you may consider old... bring them back to life by trying out new techniques or combining them with some newer products you may have.  Have fun 'dusting' off those oldies but goodies I know you have...and bring them back to life.  =)  Have fun stamping!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment