Nov 22, 2011

CAS - paper players challenge

I came across the latest challenge from Paper Players.  Right up my alley - clean and simple with 3 colors.  =)
So I decided to play along.  Click HERE for their challenge.  And here's my card.

I used my new stamp set - Flower Star Wreath - from Hero Arts.  I stamped it twice - cut the flower out from the second stamp image and adhered it atop the original stamped image on the card.  I folded up the petals to add dimension.  I also glazed the entire flower with Crystal Effects - which is similar to Glossy Accents.  I then stamped the sentiment with versamark ink, and embossed it with silver embossing powder.  The finishing touch was to round the two corners.  The sentiment is from Stampin Up!, set called Thank You Kindly.
I hope you like my clean and simple card.  Here's a close up of the glossy flower.  After it dried completely, it smoothed out....more than what is shown in the close up.
Happy stamping!
Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. CAS is my favorite kind of card. You made another lovey card, and I will be CASE'g it. Thanks for the very clear step-by-step. I keep forgetting, too, how much I like your new blog design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This really caught my eye, simple but stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ezlie, this is clean and simple and simply stunning. I LOVE your flower. The Crystal Effects treatment was perfect to give it extra dimension. Absolutely gorgeous. So glad you joined the Paper Players this week and shared this beautiful card.
    Jaydee

    ReplyDelete
  4. How very pretty--the embossing really makes this image and sentiment pop! Thanks for playing with us this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A beautiful CAS card! I love your glossy flower! Thanks for playing with The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a stunning example of clean and elegant! I love the silver embossed sentiment and the glossy flower is fabulous! So glad you joined us at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Crisp, clean and gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us this week at the Paper Players! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty! Perfect CAS example using those colors! Thanks for joining The Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely card, gorgeous clean and simple lines and love the glossy flower. Thanks' for playing at the Paper Players this week.

    ReplyDelete