Nov 29, 2012

Journal pages & a shaped card

Today I felt like sharing a couple recent projects I've made in my craft room.  I've been working on a personal journal - which I want to document things about myself and my life now.  A bit more personal documentation, rather than a family themed project.
So here are a couple pages I recently completed.
This page I documented my Starbucks name - Janel.  This is really my middle name, but is much easier for a Starbucks employee to write as well as say instead of my first name, Ezlie.  Only a few people know this about me if they go with me frequently enough to Starbucks.  I thought this was worth documenting as it is personal and something I recently started to do.

I think this second page speaks for itself.  My hubby knows how I love this candy.  He surprises me every once in a while with one - which always makes me smile.  This was a fun page since I was able to bring focus on the wrapper rather than a photo.


My third project I wanted to share was for a wedding I went to earlier this month.  It was a clean and simple shaped card.  I normally don't make shaped cards, but now that I have some more dies in my collection, I think I will be making more of these.  I really love being able to personalize cards for special events like a wedding.  It makes it more personal, and I would hope the bride and groom would cherish my card a bit more than a store bought one.  I white embossed the images on Island Indigo cardstock from Stampin' Up.  I used my white gel pen to outline the image and add the dot accent to the corners.  I added small pearls to finish it off.  I really like how this turned out - clean, simple, and personalized.

I hope these few projects were a bit inspiring to you.  Happy creating!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment