Dec 10, 2012

A new addition to my kitchen!

After much torture of watching the QVC special on this wonderful tool, I finally got the "ok" from my hubby to go ahead and make this purchase!  I've been wanting one of these for the longest time.  I've seen tutorials and cooking videos using this tool and it truly is nice to just add the ingredients and let the machine do all the work.  What I really wanted this machine for was to make bread.  I'm trying to eat healthier and store bought bread has high fructose corn syrup in it as well as preservatives.  So, I thought I'd give it a try to make my own from scratch.  Each tutorial I saw used this mixer and recommended using this mixer since mixing the dough can be hard.  I tried making the bread dough without this mixer, and I have to agree that yes, I'd rather make bread with this mixer than without it!  My arm was sore, my hand was sore from holding the mixer and the bowl tight, and it took a long time to mix the dough.  So, my next bread attempt will be with this mixer!  horray!  I've already made cupcakes, muffins, and frosting.  I'm looking for more recipes and opportunities to put this tool to work!  
If you'd like to see more of my cooking journey, follow me on Instagram.  I post almost daily, and I share new recipes I've been trying - both baking and cooking in general.  My name is: ezlieJ

On the paper crafting side - I have my final video for my Summer Silhouette series.  For this series I made a total of 6 videos.  I think I'm getting a bit 'bored' with using the same set so much, so that's why I decided to end the series.  I will still be using the set for sure, but just not back to back.  I hope you all have enjoyed the series and seeing how to use the stamps in a different way.  I plan on uploading this new video this week.  I look forward for your comments!  Take care!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment