Oct 20, 2014

First Avery Elle challenge

I recently discovered the Avery Elle brand of stamps.  I made my first purchase and now I've made my first card using these cute stamps.  Since I really like the style of these stamps, I'm sure I will be making more cards and looking for new stamps so I looked for their blog.  And they actually have a challenge blog too where you can win free stamps.  Awesome!  So I made my first card to fit into the current challenge.

Check out the challenge blog HERE.

And below is my entry for their current challenge & it fits the Simon Says Stamp Challenge for anything goes!

Here is my card.  I was able to use distress inks to make my background.  I masked off the ground from the sunset so I would not mix the green and orange colors.  I also masked off the border of the stitched edge which provides an instant mat.  This technique I copied from Nichol M. 
To color my bunnies, I used colored pencils and gamsol to get the watercolored soft look.  I selectively inked the sentiment since it was too long to fit on the tag.  
The stitched tag and rectangle are from Simon Says Stamp - called Bundle of Stitched Shapes. 
I did a search on Google to see sunset colors to give me an idea of how to make my background.  I used:  Scattered Straw, Spiced Marmalade, Spun Sugar Distress Inks, and Baja Breeze from Stampin' Up, to make the sky.
For the grass I used Wild Wasabi ink from Stampin' Up.

Thanks for stopping by, I hope you like this card featuring Avery Elle's stamp set More Stories.

3 comments:

  1. Adorable! Such sweet images for your card. Your coloring is fabulous!! I love that sky. :) Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle
    http://www.michellezerull.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a lovely card and yes- Avery Elle products are definitely easy to get addicted to! You've used the images so beautifully. I love the soft background you created and how it blends for the sky, but is more defined for the grass. Clever, clever! And those bunnies stand out so well. I like how you've positioned them as though they are thoughtful little bunnies looking off into the distance and thinking deep thoughts. Great stitched elements, too. I loved seeing this card and am so glad you shared your skills with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How sweet is this?!! Your masking is phenomenal - that Nichol Magourick is super talented, right?! You learned from the master!! Thanks so much for joining us at the AEI♥U Challenge - we're so glad you did!!

    ReplyDelete